The Basser Center holds a monthly seminar series presented by Penn investigators, as well as occasional speakers from other institutions, on a wide range of BRCA1/2-related topics. Held at noon on the first Friday of the month in the Smilow Translational Research Center, these seminars explore everything from advances in basic science to screening and treatment methods, hot topics in cancer research, gene sequencing, legal issues, and national healthcare concerns.*
- May 7: Jennifer Morrissette, PhD and Jacquelyn Roth, PhD on "Inter and intra-institution cooperation: New sequencing panels shared among institutions and identification of potential germline variants referred to CREP"
- June 11: Kate Lawrenson, PhD of Cedars Sinai
- July 9: Kara Maxwell, MD, PhD
- There is no noon conference in August.
- September 10: Anne Marie McCarthy, ScM, PhD
* This internal series is open to Penn faculty and staff. Seminars will be conducted virtually on Blue Jeans, details to follow.